Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Resistance Bands and Tubing

Gotta love options... do you use these in your workouts?

I had an awesome Personal Training session today with a client of mine who is rehabbing a knee injury.

She can't do certain exercises because of the pressure that's put on her knee... so these are the time when I come to appreciate tools like Resistance Bands and Tubing to help build strength!

Although we can't do things like squats and lunges yet, we can do most, if not all, of the movements done with machines like the leg press, leg extension and leg curl with bands and tubing!  :-)

My client is psyched, and so am I, that she can do these things to increase her lower body strength... and do them safely!

We all get so caught up in lifting dumbbells, barbells, or hopping on a machine, that we forget about all of the other options available that aren't as 'sexy' to use.

Contact me if you have a question about a certain exercise, or want me to address something of interest to you that will help you achieve your goals.

In this together!

Coach T




No comments:

Post a Comment